The NPP government led by His Excellency Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo continues to dazzle his detractors with such superior record of good policies and excellent governance. One area of grave concern to many Ghanaians over years is the issue of job creation for our teeming youthful population. The President in assumption of office, did not relent in his job agenda promise as captured in the NPP 2016 manifesto. The President has done an exceedingly marvelous job in this promise in his employment numbers in less than three (3) years in office.
The President, after successfully implementing his numerous flagship programs of Free SHS, Planting for Food and Jobs, Planting for Exports and Rural Development, 1 District, 1 Factory, 1 Village 1 Dam, 1 Constituency 1, Warehouse, etc, coupled with significant economic growth, took on the Herculean task of job creation and now Ghana has witnessed a substantial improvement in employment and human capital development and investment.
The NPP-USA Deputy Branch Director of Communications Mr. EFFAH AMEYAW, aka KAKAPE, on Amenado Radio based in Denver, Colorado, USA, in their fire 4 fire show, trumpeted the enviable job record of the President during the second edition of the newly launched weekly program, “LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD SERIES” hosted by the NPP-USA branch.
Mr. Ameyaw stated that despite the challenges inherited from the previous government led by the Incompetent One, Mr. John Dramani Mahama, the government of Nana Addo has successfully taken the nation out of the crippling effect of the IMF bailout which saw a freeze on government employment. Private sector businesses have started to bounce back due largely to steady supply of power after over 4 years of dumso under Mahama.
Mr. Effah Ameyaw with documentary and statistical evidence backed the President’s job record and called it exceptional and unprecedented. He praised the NPP government of Nana Addo as truly on the right track and has the political will to take Ghana to the promised land of prosperity and development.
He enumerated some of the job numbers from the various ministries and sectors as follows :
- Midwives 750+
- 60,000+ Employed under the Youth in Afforestation (YIA) under Sir John
- 100,000 under NABCO
- 541 Health Professionals
- 35,000 under the YEA
- 16,300 personnel recruited under the community policing assistant
- 15,000 youth engaged in tree planting and nurseries for Green Ghana Initiative
- 180 Doctors who completed housemanship 10 months ago recruited
- Approval has been given to employ 11,000 health trainees who graduated between 2012 and 2016
- Drone technology implemented at Omenako & Mampong has employed some 200 health Professionals for it's delivery service
- Expanding production of Raw Cashew Nuts by 130,000 metric tonnes and local processing capacity by 85,000 metric tonnes, creating about 200,000 direct and indirect jobs
- 1D1F 53000 direct & indirect
- 56,000 Teachers recruited since 2017 and additional 8,700 to support teachers due to the double track system introduced by the government
- The minister of education has also indicated plans to employ about 1,500 kitchen support staff to help relieve the burden created by double track
- 4500 police personnel recruited in addition to 181 just passing out recently of which 142 were females which echoes our President's promise to see to it that our ladies get their fair share in our security service
- 303 fire service personnel also recruited (about 30% of them being women)
- Recruitment has started for the Marine Drive Tourism Project(MDTIP). It is expected to recruit up to 150,000 people
Mr. Ameyaw made the case that, significant job creation also have been registered in the informal sector all in fulfillment of their manifesto of “Change: An Agenda for Jobs”.
Mr. Ameyaw in conclusion, stressed again that there is no doubt that the government of Nana Addo is on the right path and that Ghanaians should continue the have faith in the government of Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo to uplift the lives of Ghanaians into prosperity.
Source: NPP USA COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTORATE